Coffee Cupping Protocol
- Weigh coffee as whole beans in cups
- Grind each of the coffees.
- Evaluate dry fragrance and take notes
- Pour SCAA Standard water (heated to 200F) in each of the cups as you start a timer. Ensure each cup has the same amount of water.
- After 4 minutes, break the crust to evaluate wet aroma. Do this by partially inserting your spoon in the crust of coffee that has formed, and push them back while smelling. Repeat for a total of three times for each coffee.
- Use two spoons to skim off the grounds, foam, and oils.
- After another 4 minutes, taste the coffee. Fill your spoon, slurp the coffee, and aspirate over your tongue to taste. Take notes.
- After another 4-5 minutes, repeat step 7
- And that’s how your cup is like a pro!